October 7, 2008

US Constitution Need Not Apply

The United States Constitution very clearly states in Article I, Section 7:

All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives;

How and why does this not apply to the second-time’s-the-charm Bailout, which originated in the Senate? In fact, the Bailout was attached to a bill that had already passed the House and was pending in the Senate.

Despicable on the part of Congress, who takes an oath to specifically "promise to preserve, defend and uphold the Constitution."

As a group, incumbents have won re-election 92% of the time since World War II. I just wish I had more incumbent elected officials to vote out of office, irrespective of party affiliation.

I am not partisan, I’m anti-incumbent, and not afraid of writing in my conscience on election day. The Lesser of Two Evils be damned.

No comments: